Nest Intelligent Energy Control and ProtectionLet's stop wasting energy.
Thermostats control about half your energy bill, but only 11% of them are programmed to save energy. They’re just too complicated.
So Nest has been made simple. It learns from you and programs itself. That’s why 99% of Nests have custom schedules.
Here’s how the Nest Learning Thermostat helps you save energy:
- Auto-ScheduleTM. No more programming hassles. Nest learns the temperatures you like and programs itself.
- Auto-AwayTM. Nest automatically turns itself to an energy-saving temp when you’re not home.
- AirwaveTM. Automatically turns off the AC a few minutes early, but keeps the fan running. The air stays cool but your AC runs up to 30% less.
- Energy History. See when heating and cooling were on and what affected your energy use.
- Nest Leaf. Appears when you turn Nest to a temperature that’s energy efficient, guiding you to energy savings.
- System MatchTM. Make sure you’re getting the most out of your high-efficiency system. System Match turns on specific features for forced air, heat pump or radiant to help you save and keep you comfortable.
- Remote Control. Connect Nest to Wi-Fi to change the temp or adjust your schedule from a smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon MonoxideTM
Know more, worry less. Get alerts on your phone.
Meet Nest Protect
The Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarm sends a message to your phone if the alarm goes off or the batteries run low, so you can know even if you’re not home.
And instead of just chirping and howling at you, Nest Protect speaks with a human voice.
It gives you a friendly Heads-Up before burning toast turns into an emergency, and tells you the room where the smoke or CO is located. Low-battery chirps ever rattle your dreams?
Nightly Promise shows you its sensors and batteries are working before you doze off.
How does it work?
- Know from anywhere. If your Nest Protect is connected to Wi-Fi, you can receive low battery alerts, Heads-Up and Emergency Alarm notifications on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tells you what and where. It speaks up to tell you what and where the danger is so you know what to do.
- Senses carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is odorless, invisible and deadly. Nest Protect sees the CO you can’t.
- Sleep safe and sound. Nest Protect is constantly monitoring its sensors and batteries. So look for Nightly Promise: a quick green glow when you turn out the lights for the night. That means it’s working.
- Get an early warning. If Nest Protect sees smoke or carbon monoxide levels rising, you”ll get a friendly Heads-Up warning before it sounds an alarm.
- A light in the dark. Usually Nest Protect has its light turned off, but when you walk underneath it in the dark, Pathlight will turn on to light your way.
- They talk to each other. If one Nest Protect senses danger, every Nest Protect in the house speaks up. So the Nest Protect in the bedroom will tell you if there’s smoke in the living room.
- Vocal alarms for your kids. Children can sleep through beeping alarms. So in addition to alarm sounds, Nest Protect uses a human voice to help kids wake up.